My Fan Club

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hump Day Craft Post: clay santa ornaments

With one pack of sculpty clay in colors, flesh, white, red, and green I made these clay Santa ornaments.

They are rather simple and kind of remind me of playing with Playdoh. Make a ball out of the flesh color and then make an even tinier ball for the nose. I used tiny black beads for the eyes.

The white clay part is a little tricky. Make some snakes and flatten them out. Twist them and shape them for the beard. The eyebrows are a nice touch.

The red hat is just a triangle. I usually try to press in the center a little so it looks like he's actually wearing it. Place a white ball on the end. The brim is just a snake of read twisted with a snake of white.

I added the green leaves and holly berries just because they are fun. The leaves are just teardrop shapes. Add the little lines because that's what makes it leaf like :-). I added a metal jewelry loop through the hat so I can put a ribbon on it.

This clay needs baked. Instructions come in the packet.

i am not quite sure what I am going to do with them yet. Maybe I'll attach them to some gifts.

Leave me a link if you try em.

3 random thoughts:

Moving with Mitchell said...

These are absolutely wonderful!

Pat said...

Adorable! You are one crafty lady! And I mean that in the nicest way!

Kristie Maynard said...

They turned out so cute. Each one has it's own personality. Who wouldn't want to get one of those on the top of a package, they'd make great ornaments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile