My Fan Club

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Tribute - Mrs. Z. is an amazing preschool teacher

Today I want to give a shout out to my son's preschool teacher.  If there was a remake of Mary Poppins, she should get the lead.  I have never met anyone quite as patient and understanding as she is.

Here are just a few things she does that absolutely amaze me:

  • Last week the school had a gas leak, she calmly evacuated the building and while waiting for parents to arrive to pick up their bundles of joy she kept them warm by allowing them to play in her car.  When is the last time you had that many kids in your car?
  • No matter what the story is, she always listens at eye level while my son retells it.
  • To my knowledge, she has never raised her voice at anyone.  Wish I could say the same thing.
  • She has full confidence that my son will ace his kindergarten evaluation later this month.
  • My  middle daughter also had her as a teacher and to this day still remembers and loves her.
  • Her favorite animal is a turtle; and I love to see all the turtle creations little one brings home.
So hat's off to Mrs. Z!  I've heard you should pursue a career doing something that you love.  It is obvious to everyone around you that you are doing something you love.

This is middle daughters first day of prekindergarten....Look how little my son is!  Mrs. Z. is on the left.  Looking at this picture it's hard to believe that my boy will soon be in kindergarten!
To read more Tuesday Tributes visit here

6 random thoughts:

Jenni said...

A great teacher can really make or break a school year! Glad you've got such a wonderful one!

Jenners said...

This is great! A wonderful teacher -- especially so early in life -- can make a huge difference in a child's attitude toward school and learning. I'm so happy that your kids have such a great teacher in their lives! Hats off to Mrs. Z! I hope you show this to her ... I'm sure it would make her day!

MaryNSC said...

O my gosh How precious..
I am so glad they have a GREAT Teacher!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

Wen,
It is great to have someone teaching your kids that actually LIKES what they are doing. My middle son's K teacher is that way too. She hugs each kid every morning, and kisses them all goodbye at the end of the day. She signs all her notes with,"Mrs. Dunivant loves you an infinite amount!" BTW, at the bottom of your post was a link to view other posts that may be related. I saw the one that had your little boy dancing and it made me laugh! I have one of my youngest that was taken recently where he is dancing...I will send it to you. They MUST be related! hehehe

Word is: ameny, this is when the whole congregation says 'Amen'.

Enfys said...

My eldest son had a teacher when he was 8 who impressed him and moulded him so well that they remain in contact to this day. He was invited to my son's wedding and the christening of his daughter. What a wonderful legacy for anyone to know that they influenced young lives like this.
hugs
enfys x

Halftime Lessons said...

I think this may be the first teacher tribute...certainly there havent been many yet. And they are undeniably deserving...so happy for you that you have found a great one.

Jay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile