My Fan Club

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let's post a few new crafts

I'm working on Christmas crafts, which will probably consume me for the next few weeks and though I'm trying to post daily, I have a strong feeling that I may slip.

Here are a few things I've been working on this week.






These are wreaths I made from the DCWV Christmas Stack. You cut the 12 x 12 paper in half and then in one inch strips. Staple those strips and then hot glue them to a pre-formed Styrofoam wreath. The key to making it look good is to make sure you offset each row. If you line up the pieces then it looks weird.



This is a coaster I made using a Peachykeen stamp. I made a set of four, but it is hard to get a decent picture. These tiles are from Home Depot and are available for just 16 cents. The make nice, easy teacher gifts. You have to wash them first and use Staz-on ink. I highlight them with stickles and than spray them to set them. A nice finishing touch are those little round scratch guards that go on the bottom. I'm not sure what they are officially called.


Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment and tell me what you are working on this holiday season.

1 random thoughts:

MaryNSC said...

These are so Grand.. I have not started on nothing yet.. I am going to make some cards for a Fiskateer starting tomorrow.U reminded me to Glitter and Stickle thank U!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile