My Fan Club

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lessons from the Lunchlady: the milkman has to pee

It's always an adventure in the kitchen. This week I learned that coming back from a beach weekend is harder than you think.

Here's what I learned.

Computers are temperamental. We depend heavily on electronics. When the server goes down, things immediately become more complicated and I become grateful that I work at the smallest school in the district.

PSSA breakfast. For six days we provided breakfast for the entire third grade class during state testing. It wasn't all that more complicated as we served the regular breakfast kids the same thing as the PSSA kids but the delay between first breakfast and third grade breakfast really made getting lunch ready a little more difficult.

Switching lunch never goes as planned. No matter how simple or how complex the menu change someone will miss it and someone will cry.

Milkmen are an enigma to me. I remain amazed by the fact that the milkman was able to interject into the story he was telling me about an auto accident the fact that he had to pee at least 14 times. I do not want to know about the urinary issues of the milkman.

The overhood fire protection has been inspected and is working. It's always a relief and a terror to know that all systems are a a go should I ever need to pull that little plug and release my over hood fire protection. I'm not sure exactly what comes out of there and I hope I never have to find out.

What did you learn this week?

2 random thoughts:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Doesn't the milkman know how to resolve that problem?

Kristie Maynard said...

You learned some more useful things, even if you didn't necessarily want to know them all. I learned what we all know, that in the face of a tragedy, people will step up to the plate and help others. The helping spirit that people showed in Boston was wonderful and it never ceases to amaze me how people will go above and beyond for people they don't even know in a tragic situation! Well done Boston!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile