My Fan Club

Monday, September 24, 2012

An Open Letter to Our Aunt Sis

Dear Sis,

I can't believe your gone? And so suddenly.

I'm not sure what my MIL will do without you. You guys were so tight. You were by far her closest sibling. I think she is trying to be strong, but she is hurting.

I think even after you fell down those stairs we all believed that you would recover. We heard the doctors but we chose to ignore them. What did they know? They didn't even know you.

There were small signs that you were saying goodbye and we thank you for those last smiles. I know my MIL will not forget them. Of all her eight siblings, I never would have thought you would leave us first.

You and I shared a birth date and because of that we had a sort of kinship. I will miss our dueling birthday cards.

Even though I know in my heart that you are at last reunited with your husband, I am deeply saddened that I will not again hear your sweet laugher.

Please tell Grandma we miss her.

Until we meet again.

~Kisa

5 random thoughts:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Warm thoughts for you, your family, and your aunt.

Rebecca said...

beautiful letter hugs
Come Say HI

Kristie Maynard said...

What a sweet letter. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Jenners said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like a special woman who will be sorely missed. Hugs to you.

Pat said...

So sorry about your loss. She sounded like a wonderful woman.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile