My Fan Club

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pish Posh's Get Fit Challenge: Week Five -- are you shittin' me?

I'm linking myself up again with Pish Posh's Get Fit Challenge and I am encouraging you all to do the same.

Do you have any left over New Year's resolutions that are nagging at you? Do you find yourself complaining more than rejoicing? Do you need to write more? To whine less? To take your own advice and avoid people who make you unhappy?

Link up with Pish every Thursday. We can encourage each other. We can share our successes and our failures. She's giving away a cool prize and best of all when it ends, you might just be in a better place than where you were when it started.

PERSONAL GOALS

I am pecking away at my book and more determined than ever to finish it before the end of this challenge.

On a similar note, I have found some awesome websites that might just help me with the publishing of my other book. Since thing didn't work out with the NAESP contest I really need to get serious on finding another outlet.

Query Tracker and Agent Query may need to become my stomping grounds.

I was beating myself up about not getting on the treadmill but I decided that walking in our hilly neighborhood is probably even better for me.


PROFESSIONAL GOALS

I KICKED ASS on the ServSafe test and got a 92%. I don't think I have ever gotten a 92% on anything. It was a challenge and I am so happy that it is complete. Certified for five years.


MENTAL HEALTH

I am happy to have the house back. All company is gone. We are not traveling for the Easter holiday. It is just a chillaxin' kind of time. I think I need it. The basement project continues and little by little it is starting to look like a room!

Yeah!

Looking forward to hearing how everyone did this week!

5 random thoughts:

Cap'n Salty said...

WOOOHOOO!!!

You go with yer bad self! I'm so proud of you on your test score, way to go! Tell Gus to stick that in his pipe and smoke it!

Becca said...

Well, don't feel bad about the treadmill. I said I wanted to stay fit and to keep the weight off. And now I am pregnant. Yup, failed that one!!

I hope you guys have an awesome Easter!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Wow! Congrats on the test results!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Wow! Congrats on the test results!

Pish Posh said...

Yayay!! Way to go!!

That is an awesome feeling. As is having your house to yourself and a little time to unwind.

And I agree if you can't get to the treadmill walking in your neighborhood is good too, especially if you speed it up a little, keep going a little further, etc because it's all about doing something you can live with, rather than something you totally hate and won't do for more than a few weeks.

I'm SO happy for you about the test score and thanks for the query links!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile