My Fan Club

Friday, January 14, 2011

Lessons from the Lunchlady


It's Friday and it's time for me to share with all of you what I learned in the lunchroom this week.

  • Pea Soup:  Kindergarten children do not picture peas when you say the word Pea Soup.  In fact, that is about the farthest thing from their mind.
  • Two Hour Delays and Half Days:  Equals 3 hours of pointless "education".
  • Lunches aren't for swinging:  My son spent part of his morning whacking his lunch box against the wall only to find out that it is not brick proof.  Lunch ruin = lesson learned.  Now he is in charge of packing his own lunch.
  • Winning Trays.  We played a game on Friday that involved a ticket taped to the bottom of some random trays.  Taping tickets to to the bottom of trays makes kids spill their milk trying to look.  Also, they will check them every day after "just in case".
  • Spoon bending:  I thought kids didn't start bending spoons until the upper grades.  But surprisingly I had two second grade girls admit to ruining some silverware this week.  It's always the kids you least expect.
What did you learn this week?

3 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

Do they think "pee" soup? I know my kid would!!!

And I can just see them getting obsessive (and messy) with the trays.

And I very much misunderstood your title "Lunches aren't for swinging." I thought maybe you guys were getting randy with the janitors or something! ; )

septembermom said...

I think that winning tray idea is definitely not a good one. Funny about the bending spoons.

Love Jenners' comment about swinging with the janitors. LOL.

Unknown said...

There is much to be said for 2nd grade humor - and much to be tolerated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile