My Fan Club

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

An Update on my 2010 goals

In January I posted some ambitious goals for the new year.  Seeing as the year is about to end I figured now is a good time to review them and see how pathetic I truly am many I accomplished.

Let's review:

  1. Write MoreAccomplished!  I participated in NaNoWriMo and wrote 50,000 words during the month of November.  This far exceeds the 10,000 I was shooting for.
  2. Craft More.  Accomplished! I crafted, but not as much as I wanted too.
  3. Yell less.  Failed.  I may be incapable of accomplishing this one.
  4. Eat Better.  Failed.    I want to mark this as accomplished but that doesn't feel honest.  However, I can say with utmost certainty that I eat healthier than all the other lunchladies in my building.
  5. Walk more.  Started out strong but then failed. I blame this on the fact that I lost my really cool pedometer.  I probably shouldn't admit this but since we are friends I feel like I can tell you--I jumped in the pool while wearing it and never found it again.  Sad but true.
  6. Eliminate some clutter.  FAILEDAnd yes...I am shouting.  It may be time to call in an expert and by expert I mean get one of those dumpsters and sit it in my driveway until I throw some shit out.
  7. Get organizedFailed.  Is it possible to be incapable of organization?  I mean I can't keep anything organized. Not my thoughts, not my kids, not my crafts.  Nothing.  Nada. Not even this blog post.
  8. Quality time.  Accomplished.  I set a goal of spending a little alone time with each kid and a little alone time with my husband once a month.  I'm not sure I accomplished this every month, but I did a lot better than I did in 2009.
  9. See Family.  Accomplished.  We saw my husband's family a lot more than we saw my family, but it wasn't for lack of trying. 
  10. Plan Some Day TripsAccomplished.  We went to Hershey and it was actually fun.  I went to a scrapbook convention with my mom outside of Washington.  Hubby and I spent a weekend in State College.  I went to the beach twice with friends.  We went to North Carolina for the Juvenile Diabetes walk.  I'm planning a day trip to a craft warehouse over the Christmas holiday and we will likely go to Christmas Wonderland in Lancaster too.
All things considered I didn't do too bad.  I'm looking forward to making a list and checking it twice this January.  Will I put get organized on again?  Only if I'm organized enough to remember too.

And quite frankly that isn't looking good.

6 random thoughts:

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

You made me laugh so hard! I do this every year! Every year! And I fail with everything! You accomplished a lot! I am proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Bravo friend, I think the fact that you acomplished any on your list sets you far above most:)

cheers

Kristie Maynard said...

I'm a wimp and a chicken! I never make lists of goals because I'm afraid I won't do them and I will fail. You on the other hand are a brave little chickie and even posted them online like this. I may think about making up a list this year. I think one of my problems is I tend to expect too much of myself and set my goals way too high. I need to think about this and maybe I will take action on it! thanks!

septembermom said...

You did do well! You got a lot more done than me. Go get another cool pedometer. I bet you'll be walking like crazy.

Jenners said...

I think you did darn good!!! At least you accomplished some ... I made a whole big list and then never looked at it after March.

Unknown said...

I hate people who make todo lists like that and then actually keep track. {*grin*}

Makes me feel like an under-performer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile