My Fan Club

Friday, February 26, 2010

How I spent yet another snow day...


It snowed yesterday.

It snowed today.

We had a two hour delay.

Then school was cancelled again.

White out conditions.

Our last day is now June 11th.  Middle G is excited because it is her birthday and she has never had school on her birthday before. 

Mommy is seeing summer disappear.

What I did today:

Today I learned how to get silly putty out of a bed spread.  Paint thinner.  Nothing else worked.

I finished six loads of laundry but they aren't all put away.

I heard the word "killer whale" 5,298 times on television.  Free Tilly before he kills again.

I made an autograph book for both my niece and my nephew for their upcoming Disney trip.

I baked a Percy Jackson birthday cake.

What I didn't do:

I did not get out of my pajamas.

I did not spend the day on the computer.

I did not take a shower.

I did not shovel a single flake of snow.

Bracing for another round of winter weather next week and keeping my fingers crossed that school doesn't move into the third week of June!

23 days until spring!

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I work from home...I didnt get out of my pjs today either, but I did get allot of work done;)

Becca said...

I think I would go nuts with all of the snow you guys have! Good job on six loads of laundry though! I hate doing laundry! Hope a nice, warm spring reaches y'all quickly!

septembermom said...

I've been with the kids A LOT this week due to snow. I keep singing to myself, "I will survive, I will survive." I was in my pajamas all day yesterday.

Jenners said...

We had a snow day on Friday too .... and that was a stay in your PJS all day day for us too. Getting to be a habit here. At this rate, they'll be in school until July!

JoLyn said...

I love your lists! Hope the weather starts looking up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile