My Fan Club

Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend update: baseball, picnics, swimming and ear pain

On Saturday we had a company picnic at a local ballpark.  The kids had a good time.  Above is a picture of the girls with Charlie Slider.  My son still isn't real wild about giant costumed characters and he didn't want to get in the picture.  We had wonderful weather for the game and the picnic was really nice.  To top it off it was Webkinz night at the stadium and everyone under 12 received a free one.  The kids were very excited about it.  You can see their dogs in the photo.
This is the section we sat in but we weren't lucky enought to catch a fly ball. The game was pretty good, though there were some silly errors that I thought you only saw in little league.
Sunday we had T-ball and soccer tryout.  We spent part of the afternoon at the pool. 
I've been fighting with some ear pain on and off for the last 10 days and finally yesterday decided that I was going to chop of my ear.  The entire side of my face hurts.  I feel miserable.  I had my husband look at it and my ear canal is swollen shut.  I think I had a little cut in there about the size of a paper cut and now it is thoroughly infected.  I'm off to the doctors this afternoon for further torture.   I'm pretty sure that if he so much as touches it I'm going to scream!  I'm hoping for antibiotics and pain medication!
Seriously, it hurts almost as much as labor.

2 random thoughts:

septembermom said...

A fun time for everyone. So sorry about the ear pain. I hope it feels better soon! I like the top photo with the mascot. Cute:)

Becca said...

Love the picture. Hope your ear starts feeling better soon. It sounds pretty painful :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile