My Fan Club

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Graduations: Favorite Quote #3

I again spent another rainy evening crammed into a gymnasium listening to young adults talk about all the hard work they have endure. Seriously??? Isn't that cute?

My favorite quote of the evening is attributed to the Valedictorian who had the balls to quote Barack Obama. Around here, that will garner loud, boisterous cheers, as well as some boos.

Whatever your political beliefs, you have to admit there is a lot of truth in this quote.

"Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it is only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential."

Have you realized your true potential?

1 random thoughts:

septembermom said...

Still trying to get to that "true potential". Constant quest. But I do think of my children's happiness above all so that's a great wagon to jump on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile