My Fan Club

Monday, December 1, 2008

The first day of Buck - a national holiday in PA

Today in Pennsylvania is the first day of antler deer and it, literally, is a holiday.


My kids didn't have school.


This is directly related to the fact this is the first day of antler deer.


PLEASE NOTE: While I have no desire to shoot one, I harbor no ill will to those who find it enjoyable.


I grew up with a dad who didn't hunt. However, my mom's entire family hunted and now many of my cousins do, even the girls.

My husband doesn't hunt.

I'm secretly hoping my son doesn't want to hunt. I'm sure many of his friends will be hunters and perhaps he will find the idea fascinating, but I'm secretly hoping he doesn't.

Why secretly? Because if he knows I don't want him to hunt, then he will definitely want to hunt.

For now I'll leave you with this video clip.



0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile