My Fan Club

Monday, November 3, 2008

Twilight...the series ***spoiler alert***


If you walked up to me and said, "Hey want to read this book about vampires?" I'd probably look at you like you were crazy. Vampires aren't really my thing.
But that's pretty much what my neighbor said and after her glowing review of the book, as well as a handful of other friends who couldn't get enough of it, I decided to give it a go.
I am apparently not alone. If you look around these days, you will see that vampires apparently appeal to a lot of people.
Especially, Edward.
He's the main vampire in this series and I, personally, think he should get a job at Hallmark or something. I find his dialogue just a tad too refined and his ability to fight off his "hunting" instincts a little to far fetched. Not to mention the part about him being more than a century old and having never found love in "that way" totally and completely absurd, albeit sweet.
While I like the easy read of the book and while I find the characters compelling, I can't say I want to be friends with the heroine, Bella Swan. First of all, her name is completely stupid. Second of all, she is so Meredith Gray-like. After all, she is the only other person in the world who could find something to whine about when hot guys are falling for her left and right. Such a hard life this clumsy teen lives.
But just like thousands of women and teen girls from all around the country, I'll probably see the movie when it opens later this month. However, unlike most of those women and teen girls, I'll see the movie just to see the scene between evil vampire James and Bella, because Lord, knows, I thought about throwing her into a glass wall many times while reading it.

2 random thoughts:

Unknown said...

That is terrible! I can't believe you didn't like it. lol I must say it wasn't my most favorite in the world, but I found it very compelling and apparently liked it enough to read all four in about a week or so!

KatBouska said...

Yes exactly! I got so tired of listening to her whine about stupid stuff. In the end I didn't hate her, but I didn't love her either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile