My Fan Club

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Graduation season is upon us. Try not to act like an ass.

Regular readers know that I cover numerous graduations for our local paper. Last year I posted some basic unacceptable behaviors. I would like to elaborate on that as I get ready to attend the first of a handful of graduations tomorrow.

Wearing clothes that make you look like any of the following: a slut, an audience member on Maury, or an escaped convict: not appropriate.

Bringing children with you who are incapable of sitting for 10 minutes let alone 90 -- not appropriate.

Yelling things. Not appropriate. Someone should tell you that your child isn't more important than the child in front or behind him/her in line. Shouting things like "Way to go Dumbass" is disrespectful.

Answering your phone. Completely unacceptable and downright rude. I don't care if you're on call. I don't care if your waiting to hear if your grandchild was born. If your phone rings during graduation, you cannot answer. If you need to return that call, please exit.

Leaving during a speech. Not acceptable. Try to remember that these kids are 17 or 18. They are speaking in front of a ton of their peers and many of their loved ones. Clomping up the bleachers in your big ass shoes so you can get to your car first is unacceptable. In all honest, it makes me want to trip you.

Just because I'm taking notes doesn't mean I have extra paper to share with your irritating child. Asking me for my pen - unacceptable. It always amazes me just how perplexed people get when they see me taking notes at graduation. I must not look like a reporter.

Allowing your child to slide down the stadium bleachers. Not acceptable. Seriously? Someone needs to tell you this?

Can't wait to see what tomorrow night brings.

It's going to be hot out there. Just in case you were wondering, bikini tops are also unacceptable.

2 random thoughts:

Kristie Maynard said...

Never ceases to amaze me what jerks people are. Somehow some people just never learned what acceptable behavior looks like. Good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing about this years dimwits and what great things were said too.

Pat said...

Too funny! But sadly, so true! I'm curious to hear what you saw/heard on these graduation nights. Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile