My Fan Club

Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Update: visits with family, swimming, and hockey...oh my!



This weekend my MIL and SIL came to visit on Friday.  I'm pretty sure my SIL's kids don't like my house.  Her oldest enjoys playing with the cousins, but the little one not so much.  He is 2 1/2 and super needy right now.  All he wants is mommy to pick him up and all he says is he's ready to go home, he wants to go home, when are they going to go home.

Plus I HATE the fact that her oldest will not hug or even give my husband a high five.  She is five years old and won't even hug her uncle.  The rest of his family seems to think this is so humorous, but I know for a fact that it hurts his feelings.  I mean how would you like it if your niece acted terrified of you.  It's not even the slightest bit funny and I think it needs to be addressed.

Of course, what do I know.

The rest of the weekend was spent catching up on laundry and running kids to and from swimming lessons.  Sunday we went to the hockey game.  It was a lot of fun especially since our team won 6-1!

I was hoping to get a little more time to craft, but no luck.  Tonight I'm going to make a new bulletin board for the cafeteria and maybe I'll post the old one and the new one tomorrow. 

It was a tough choice since there are so many holidays in February.  I thought about doing a multi-cultured groundhog scene with a white groundhog, a black groundhog and a chinese groundhog surrounded by floating valentine hearts with 100 baby groundhogs of various colors while overlooking Mt. Rushmore listening to Obama give a speech.  However, that seemed like a big pile of insanity.  Of course, it would cover Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, Groundhog Day, Black History month, the 100th day of school and President's Day.

After thinking too hard about that I decided to post the benefits of weed but couldn't get administrative approval (although I did ask).

So stay tuned for the world's best K-3 Valentine's Day bulletin board.

I'm sure you can't wait....

7 random thoughts:

Gina said...

I'll come over to your house. Those kids sound a little weird. ;)

Jenners said...

I'll send you $5 if you go with the idea you described in your post!

septembermom said...

The bulletin board will be great, I'm sure :)

Sandra said...

Weed!!! LOL!!!! do it!!!

Enfys said...

No, I can't wait to see your board, although I am VERY disappointed that you didn't go ahead with the groundhog idea. It's world cheese day in february as well (????????), you could have included a groundhog eating some edam and it would have covered that...
big hugs
En xx

Shannon said...

Hey girl, yes, my neighbor has a bunch of Barbados Sheep and also goats, a miniature donkey(Ernie) and his offspring with a miniature horse(Bert). You can't get much more country than that! LOL

word is: Hologge
Which, as every tech savvy lumberjack knows, is a holographic program that teaches you how to cut down trees!

Becca said...

Agh! That would be the best bulletin board ever! I know that if anyone could do it, it would have to be you! Sorry things weren't the greatest with your SIL's kids. I bet that does just break your husbands heart. Poor guy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile