My Fan Club

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Writer's Workshop: Left Out

I  have felt left out.


I have felt rejected.

I have had my feelings hurt.



Just between you I  I sometimes try hard to get people to like me.  Harder than I should.

My love language is words of affirmation.  I like when people include me in things.  I like when they say nice stuff about me.  In other words, I'm like that nagging little dog that follows you around desperate for you to pat my head.



That being said, I have my feelings hurt easily.  If you make plans with me and cancel that's one thing but if cancel plans with me only to turn around and make those same plans with someone else I can't help but feel hurt. 

The problem is I likely will never tell you.  Unlike my sister, who would call you out on the carpet in a matter of minutes, I will just feel hurt and you will probably never know about it.




This post inspired by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop

1 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

At first, I thought this was a post about how you felt left out from getting snow ... but then I realized you combined two prompts.

Feeling left out never feels good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile