My Fan Club

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ahhh Winter....when are you over

This morning I woke to about 2 inches of snow and no delay of school.  It was still snowing, my development wasn't plowed and I really didn't feel good. 

Any reasonable person would have shaken the 8 ball and it clearly would have said "GO BACK TO BED".

Sadly, I didn't go back to bed.  Instead I took the garbage out, I took the recyclables out.  I drove white knuckled to school as the snow continued to fall.  Shortly after arriving at school, we learned that we would be dismissing at 1 p.m. and feeding the masses as fast a possible.

Since one of the other lunch ladies is a bus driver she leaves even earlier i.e. 11:30 a.m. to do her high school run as they were dismissing at 12 noon.

It was becoming clearer by the minute that I should have stuck to the "Go Back To Bed" plan.

I survived lunch, I survived clean up and I made it home safely, as did all my children.  Of course, once home I realized that I had to shovel the driveway.  Remind me again why I didn't stay in bed??

Apparently, we are to get about a foot of snow with this storm.  The fact that we have more than 50 days until spring isn't making me feel any better.

I guess I'll post some pictures tomorrow...we better have a delay or better yet a snow day as I really want to stay in bed.

2 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

It is a mess isn't it? We are now changing over from the icy rain to snow ... but this morning it was like being in a snow globe. They kept school open because I think they want to "save" it for tomorrow.

Becca said...

Wow! That's a ton of snow. And exactly why I could never live any more up north because I HATE it!

Thanks for the info about the walk. I am going to try my best to be there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile