- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, October 15, 2010
4:54 PM | | Edit Post
Here's what I learned in the cafeteria this week:
- When you are in kindergarten it is possible to lose three coats in one week. I had to laugh when I showed a little girl where the lost and found was and she found three of her coats. Her response "My mommy is gonna be willy happy you showed me this place."
- Manners are as out of date as Little House. Remember when Laura used to say things like "Yes, Paw" and "Right away, Maw." Now kids say things like "Where's my food?" "I don't like that" "Why do we have to have peas?"
- If a student has a balance of negative $10.00 I'm required to serve him/her a cheese sandwich and a milk. If a teacher has a balance of negative $10.00 I'm supposed to smile and serve them like there isn't a double standard going on here.
- Folding towels is a billable activity in the cafeteria. Creating bulletin boards for the computer room is not a billable activity in the cafeteria and must be removed from your time card...even if the principal asked you to do it.
- If you get your picture taken for the yearbook, the company will give you a free portrait package with a bunch of wallets and even a few 5x7s. Do you think I should put them in my Christmas cards?
What did you learn this week?
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.