- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
4:46 PM | | Edit Post
Today my baby turns seven! I can't believe that he is already in the 1st grade. It seems like yesterday we were driving home from the hospital and stopping at Wendy's for a bite to eat.
What can I say...he's the third and I was hungry. We really did stop there on the way home with all three kids when Little G was about 20 hours old.
On my baby's 7th birthday I am posting seven bits of useful advise. Maybe someday he'll read these words and realize just how smart his mama is.
- Girls do not have cooties. In fact, many of them can swing a light saber better than some of the boys you know.
- School is not something to cry about.
- There are no monsters in your closet. Really. I checked.
- Chocolate bars are not a breakfast food.
- You likely will not find a job where you can be barefoot 24/7. Shoes are just something you have to get used to.
- Girls love boys who make them laugh.
- There is a special spot in a mama's heart for her baby boy.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.