My Fan Club

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Writer's Workshop - Share a recent conversation you had


I interviewed today for substitute lunch lady.
After filing out a pop quiz on hand washing techniques (which I'm confident I aced) I was asked the following:
  • Working in the cafeteria can be loud, distracting and fast paced; what qualifies you for this type of work? Me: "I've been home with children for nearly eleven years. Loud, distracting and fast paced describes my every day life.
  • How are you a team player? Me: "I'm good at following directions? I listen to everything Mama Kat says....LOL"
  • Name three words your friends would use to describe you? Me: self-centered, moody and slightly absentminded popped into my head but I went with Funny, energetic and dependable.

That one may have been an over kill. Oh well.

This post is part of Mama Kat's writer's workshop? Are you playing along?

5 random thoughts:

Janis Lewis said...

I love mama kat! Great post .. . Love the lunch lady pic. Who wouldn't hire you with those answers? Good luck!

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Aren't you glad that some of the things in your head never make it out at times like those. self-centered, moody and slightly absentminded are not things that would get you hired !!1 Hope you get the job!

Carolina said...

Loud, distracting, and fast-paced is right. I taught school and hated it when I was assigned lunch duty. I liked extra duties that were quiet, focused and slow paced because my classes were loud, distracting, and fast-paced so I liked a little down time. (I taught art.) I loved having a study time as my extra duty but monitoring kids going to the buses at the end of the day was nice, too. I liked being outside, and even though it was loud and fast-paced, it only lasted for about 15 minutes. But, you sound perfect for the lunch job, so I hope you get it.

My response to Mama Kat's writing workshop is HERE.

septembermom said...

Love it!

Becca said...

HAHA! Funny is right! They better hire you or else they are missing out big time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile