My Fan Club

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Update: Labor Day in the South

We are back from our whirlwind trip to North Carolina for my nephew's birthday. It was a wonderful time and we got to hang out with lots of good friends. Everyone should spend Labor Day Weekend like that.



Obviously, Copper came along. He did really well in the car for such a long time. My niece and nephew were very happy to see him and he enjoyed hanging out with cousin dog, Desi! In fact, I think he is a little lonely today.



No you aren't losing it. My nephew had a Goosebumps party so my sister bought this fugly candle for him to blow out. It's a human hand and it melts red wax and once melted it looks like a skeleton hand. I wanted to take a picture of the after, but the kids got to it and it was a messed up in minutes.


We had a great time in my sister's new salt-water pool. Very refreshing and very cold! This is oldest trying to get me not to take her picture.
A safe trip to and from. Can't ask for more than that!
What did you do this weekend?

3 random thoughts:

Enfys said...

Looks like a really fun weekend. I was fascinated by that spooky hand candle, what a great idea for kids parties.
hugs
En xx

septembermom said...

Wow, a salt water pool! That must be cool :) Looks like great fun for everyone. That candle is freaky.

Becca said...

I am so happy you had a safe and great trip! I loved Goosebumps when I was growing up- good times! That candle is absolutely creepy but sounds super neat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile