My Fan Club

Monday, July 21, 2008

My favorite camping photo and random publishing thoughts


I'm up early and I'm already doing landry at 6:15 a.m. Something is seriously wrong with me. I just couldn't stay in bed....too much stuff to do. You know how it is when you return from camp/vacation.


Plus I haven't done any crafts for a week! I'm having withdrawl. I'm going to make something today and post it, but I must get the laundry done first! ***she says trying not to laugh***


The above picture is my absolute favorite from our camping trip. It's my kids, in their clothes, running into the lake, hand in hand, at sunset! I think I'm going to get it enlarged for my craft room.


My birthday is at the end of the month and I'm thinking about sending a story into a publisher before then. I'm the type of person who must have a deadline or I just procrastinate until I die. I haven't submitted anything in a long while (I'm not good with rejection...words of affirmation are my love language). I mean other than writing for the local paper and for this blog, my words aren't seen by many. More readers than five years ago, but still not as many as I would like.


I'm going to do it. I'm going to take the plunge. After all, I can handle rejection! I'm a mother.

2 random thoughts:

Tonya said...

Awesome picture! Our family went camping about a month ago and we had a fantastic time. Every child should experience it! Thanks for sharing your picture! I still have to "scrap" mine!

Unknown said...

Totally do it. Yeah rejection sucks, but like you said, you're a big girl!!!
Do it do it do it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile