My Fan Club

Friday, February 15, 2013

Lessons from the Lunchlady: can you fetch me the salt? And have you seen my bowl?

This week the kitchen was full of laughter and a few AYFKM moments.

Here's what I learned.

Wholy Cwrap! That's alot of milk. Yesterday I ran out of chocolate milk and when a first grader saw the milkman there at breakfast this morning he asked me if he brought the chocolate milk. I said "oh, he sure did" and then the little guy asked me how many. "This week he only brought about 650." He responded with a heartfelt "wholy cwrap." I don't even serve it a breakfast and we are the smallest school in the district. It really isn't all that much but I suppose its all about perspective.

Heart shaped egg patties and toast: I had a valentine themed breakfast on Thursday complete with matching napkins. Too bad it was our lowest count of the week. It was freakin cute.

Have you seen my bowl? It's possible that when someone is frantically search through the snacks and looking for their bowl that they really are just looking for a soup bowl. Who knew?

Valentine's Day can bring out the awkward. Whether that be kindness misinterpreted as something more or a big punch in the face on the playground. It really is just another Thursday.

Can you grab me the salt? Um is it appropriate to ask the very pregnant teacher to fetch you the salt so you don't have to get up. I'm leaning towards no.

What did you learn this week?



2 random thoughts:

Kristie Maynard said...

More interesting lessons!
I learned that as much as you think you have come to terms with the fact that your 22 yo daughter is moving out, when it happens it is still tough. I may have told you this before, but now she is moved out and I miss her, even if she is only a couple miles away. I keep expecting her to walk in the door.
She told me the other day when she was moving some things out, we weren't here and she sat down on the floor in her bedroom and started to cry. Guess it's affecting her too, eh?

Pat said...

I learned that when I ask my husband to pick up some things at the store, my voice must sound like Charlie Brown's teacher. Mwah-mwah-mwah-mwah-mwah-mwah. Because he is forever buying the WRONG things!

I would have SO eaten that cute Valentine breakfast! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile