My Fan Club

Friday, February 8, 2013

Lessons from the lunchlady: did you just pull that out of your bra?





I have been a big blog slacker. I haven't written. I haven't visited and for that I apologize.

This week has been bizarre. Here's a few things we learned in the kitchen.

People will help themselves to just about anything. Last year I had signs up all over the kitchen that said, "This food is not free. Please do not eat it." This week I watched a visiting outside employee help themselves to some breakfast cereal and sneak it out under their salad plate. I can't wait till the next time she visits the kitchen. I plan on asking if she'd like some cereal with that. (Insert evil kitchen laugh)

Marijuana is an actual name. For 40 years I thought it was a drug. Who knew it could be your first name. The "J" is pronounced like an "H". Seriously? I'm changing my name to Ecstasy. it has a nice ring to it.





The Spanish word of the day. This week we introduced the kids to a Spanish word of the day. I only did it twice but the third graders LOVED it. We had frijoles (beans) and ensalada (salad)this week. Turns out if I put it in Spanish, more will order it just so they can try to say it. Who knew?

The hot dog dropped some beans on the pancake this week. Just when I thought that nothing could beat breakfast for lunch hot dog came out of nowhere and kicked the fluffy out of the pancakes. I almost had to run to fetch more buns.

Where do you keep your money? Is it appropriate to pay your cafeteria worker with money you just fished out of your BRA???? Let me be clear. I do not want you to fish around in your bra and hand me a nasty $10 bill. That makes me want to shove your $7.50 worth of change down my pants and ask you how you like it. Ugh.. THIS AIN'T WALMART. Have some respect.

BONUS LESSON OF THE WEEK: Have you ever once shown up at a Subway with $1.15, plopped it down on the counter and said, "How much lunch can I get for this?" Wait...you haven't? Then why do some people think its okay to do this at an elementary school?

Sigh...

What did you learn this week?

3 random thoughts:

Pat said...

Oh these are funny! Love the lessons from a lunch lady! Just for kicks you should have a hole in your pocket...put some change in there...dance around and have the change come out. Hand the change to the person who paid you with bra-sweat money and say, "You're welcome!"

that oughta learn her! ;)

kisatrtle said...

Love it!

Kristie Maynard said...

My hubby's family used to own a Mom and Pop type deli in Buffalo and the women there used their bras as purses all the time. I guess it's safer there, but it used to bother me when right in front of Dave and my FIL they would just reach in and fish out their money, but some of them did keep it in a change purse which isn't quite as bad. LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile