My Fan Club

Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Update: It's beginning to look a lot like chicken nuggets

The last weekend of summer is officially over.

I know that it is supposed to be Labor Day weekend that signifies the ending of summer, but alas we go back to school on Wednesday and that's when those processed bits of chicken will be making their grand re-entry into my life.

How did I spend it?

Friday we went to a moonlight swim at our pool and realized that it was far too cold to enjoy a moonlight swim.  So we left and had a bonfire instead.  That was significantly better.

Saturday we planted flowers at the elementary.  I should have taken a before and after photo, but my mind wasn't really focused.

There is a big flower bed near the enterance of the school I work at and it never has any flowers in it.  I found out this was because there was never any money to put any there.  So I asked a local dental business if I could have some money and in return I would make sure everyone knew that he sponsored the flower bed.

He said yes and it was only then that I realized I know nothing about flowers, how to plant them, how to care for them....blah blah.

So I begged asked hubby to help me and he did a fantastic job with just a little help from me and the kids.  I think the bed looks great.  I hope everyone else thinks so too.

Sunday we went to church and I did some grocery shopping.  I had put that off far too long and we were down to bread and black olives.  I'm not joking.

In the evening we went to a baseball game that looked like it could be rained out but then it wasn't.  It turned into a beautiful evening.  Of course, Oldest and Youngest got a baseball at that game so you can imagine how happy Middle was on the drive home.

This morning is my mandatory staff meeting which starts in about 30 minutes and tonight is kindergarten orientation.  I'm orienting people to lunch.  Oldest is coming with me to dress up as the school mascot to have her picture taken with the Class of 2023.  Does that make you feel old or what.

It's possible that oldest may be the shortest bobcat in the history of our school district.  I'll have to get my picture with her too.

Happy Monday....

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a busy weekend...happy monday friend

Steven Anthony
Man Dish~Metro Style

Becca said...

Planting those flowers was such a nice thing of you to do. I am sure it will definitely be enjoyed by many! I can't wait to see her in the mascot costume, SO CUTE! 2023 just sounds absolutely nuts!

Gina said...

What a fabulous idea about the flower beds! You are a woman after my own heart!!

Jenners said...

I love that you took it upon yourself to get those flowers planted!!! Such initiative ... and getting sponsorship too!!! Wow!

septembermom said...

Good job planting those flowers. I was volunteered to help out with the school gardening project last spring. I also know nothing about gardening, but we did get it done. You should be proud of this accomplishment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile