My Fan Club

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Raise your hand if LOST makes you feel a little...well...lost.

I guess the opening of last night's episode was reserved for all those people out there who just can't get enough time travel.  Was it necessary to start at the end and flash back.  I mean was that really necessary.
The show opens with Just-Jack lying on the island forest floor dressed like he's headed to a funeral and holding a small scrap of paper.  We hear Hurley hurling for help and then we see him flapping around with a guitar case in a small lagoon.  Jack Just Jumps...of course he does.  Kate is looking dead along some rocks but, of course, she isn't.
Then we flash back.  How did they get there?
Creepy Elosie Hawkings, aka Daniel's mom, aka spooky lady from Desmond's past, obviously has something to do with it.  It turns out she has her very own Dharma lab.  How conveeeeeennnnniiiieeeet????
This Dharma lab doesn't have a button to push, or a creepy video to watch...it has a giant mofo pendulum, which apparently can pin-point the island location and print out an list of suggested flights.  Seriously, what was that all about.
Creepy Spooky Hawkings (CSH) give Just-Jack, crazy John Locke's suicide note.  Of course, being the shows marytr has it's downside...poor Jack must immediate act like he cares that John killed himself and assume the "It must be my fault" face.
He just can't bring himself to read the note.  Really?  I mean let me get this straight Jack...you are in yet another Dharma station, listening to Benry and CSH, you are considering going on a plane you are assuming will crash, you plan to bring along all your friends on said doomed plane and you are going to dress up a dead guy in your dad's old clothes...what about the note is too weird for you?
Desmond has had enough of CSH, no one knows if Sun is going to run back to Korea or head to Quam, Kate hates everyone, and just for fun we get to meet Just-Jack's grand-dad.  Do you think the writers were like...how is Jack going to get his dad's clothes three years after his death.  I know...let's send him to his grand-dad's nursing home and have him find some shoes.  Hey, it's just as believeable as the pendulum finding airplane flight...right?
Everyone, save Aaron, turns up at the airport.  Anyone want to venture a guess what Kate did with him?  Jack made the mistake of asking and it almost cost him some hot sex.  Do you think he's in her luggage?  I doubt Kate's mom is babysitting.  Maybe she gave him to Claire's mom...his real granny.  That would be so adult of her....so I doubt it.
Turns out Frank Lapidus isn't in the bottle anymore and has returned to flying the big planes.  He is, of course, the pilot of the pendulum found aircraft.   Jack reads the note and all it says is "I wish you had believed."  Thanks, John.  As always, you are so helpful.
We don't know if Lapidus or Locke has returned to the island as all we see are some shakes, some flight attendents flinging about and then poof.  Everyone is on the island...or are they?
We only see Hurley, Jack and Kate.  Where is Sun?  Where is Sayid?  Why was he a prisoner?  Was he pretending to be Kate this flight?
Since Sun is nowhere to be found, it's somewhat anti-climatic when the Dharma van pulls up and and out pops uniformed sporting, rifle yielding, Jin.  I can't wait to hear what he has to say.
Next week:  How many times did John try to kill himself before he was successful?  We here what happened to Locke when he left the island.  Looks like we have at least 14 days before we return to the island.

3 random thoughts:

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh I love your take on things....fellow Lostaholic.

I rambled about my theories and thoughts if you care to take a peek at my blog.

Until next nosebleed, er week!

Peace
*~Michelle~*

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh I love your take on things....fellow Lostaholic.

I rambled about my theories and thoughts if you care to take a peek at my blog.

Until next nosebleed, er week!

Peace
*~Michelle~*

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

HA! This review has me stifling my laughter as I sit in my office pretending to work this morning. :)

Thanks for linking up from the LOST blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile