My Fan Club

Thursday, January 29, 2009

What I learned this week

It is Thursday and time for my "What I learned this week posting."  Feel free to play along and let me know what you learned.

  • I learned that having a long weekend with the kids can actually be fun.  Sure there were times when I thought, "When do you go back to school?"  but there were also times when they played dress up, and hide and seek, and made caves out of the couch cushions.
  • I learned that going to Stuff-mart is never a good idea.
  • I learned that I can defeat the clutter monster in my house. One. Room. at. a. time.
  • I learned that Facebook is more hassle than it is worth.  Please note:  If we weren't friends in high school I have no desire to be your friend now.  Why do you think I didn't include my maiden name?  It's because I'm hiding from you.
  • I learned bloggy buddies can really cheer you up.
What did you learn this week?

3 random thoughts:

Andy - Instafather said...

Are we bloggy buddies, even though you (mistakenly) think you are too old to read my blog?

BTW- I like the new design (even if it may, at this point, not be new)

Jenners said...

Yes..the key to defeating the clutter monster is to fight it one room at a time. It can be quite satisfying...but it always seems to worm its way back in no matter how hard you try.

I am a bit conflicted about Facebook. After the initial contact, I just don't have much to say to people I haven't been in contact with for 15 years or so. I much prefer blogging.

Enfys said...

Love the facebook comment, my kids made me join and I spent two weeks of pure paranoia because my friend Anne had 127 1/2 friends and I only had 4 (her and my kids). Then common sense took over, and I now ignore requests from people who as far as I can remember I have never met in my life to become my friend. I have lived this long without them, I can live the rest of my life the same way. You cheer me up every time I come over here. Funny girl :)
hugs
Enfys xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile