My Fan Club

Thursday, December 18, 2008

What I've been working on (I've got the burns to prove it)

Okay. I'm going to say it. I'm. Not. Very. Good. With. A. Glue. Gun. Wow, it feels good to get that off my chest, though it' still feels like I'm admitting some crafting failure. Every time I use one I burn my fingers and my thumbs. I'm not sure why, but my hands seemed drawn to the bubble concoction that come oozing from the gun.


Thinking that it would hurt less, I even bought one of those low temperature glue guns, but it still hurts like a bitch.


Why am I torturing myself, you ask. All to make this purdy wreath. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I love the paper. It was a new Christmas stack.


This one for my mom. I have one on my door and people always ask me where I got all the pretty ribbon. It's only paper and a Styrofoam wreath. Take a 12 x 12 sheet, cut it in half and then cut is in 1 x 6 inch strips. Fold the strip and staple the tip.


Break out the dreaded glue gun and get to gluing. Be sure to not line up your paper strips. You have to off set them or the wreath ends up looking odd.


Let me know if you try it I'd love to see it and to hear if you burnt you hand or if it is only I who is inept with a glue gun.

2 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

Hello--

I was just stopping by to visit your blog after you stopped by mine -- you took the Children's Book Quiz. I was just figuring out entries and stuff for the quiz (made it a little too complicated I think) and thought I would check out your blog since I hadn't seen it before.

Looks like we have a lot in common! I plan on stopping back to check out more of your stuff when I have a little more time. I would love to be able to earn a living as a freelance writer and stay at home with my kids. I'm not currently working but will have to do something once he is in school full-time but I still want to be home when he gets home from school.

I'll be back ... and the wreath looks gorgeous! I could never pull off something like that. And I'd probably end up in a hospital ER if I tried stuff with a hot glue gun!

MaryNSC said...

O WOW GEE WILLIES that is so PRETTY!!
LOVE IT!! That was a lot of work!
But It looks like it was welll worth it.. I wonder If while U was gluing if u get u one of them HOT GLOVES for the stove...HEHEHHEHE
HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I make my sister do my gluing.:O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile