My Fan Club

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Champions!



Have you ever been to a soccer tournament? We played in a U8 tourney today and although it was a very long day, it was incredibly fun to watch. Best of all, our team remained undefeated and took first place.


My daughter (first on the left on the ground) was very tickled with herself. She likes the feeling of being champion though I must admit she played very little.
As a parent that can be very frustrating (I think I see some heads out there nodding). As a coach, you need to do what you can to play the kids who obviously want to play. Some days, my daughter wants to play and other days....not so much.
I've watched soccer games in the blazing sun, in the pouring rain, and in the snow. I have never seen her score a goal or come even close.
Boo hoo, right? Nope, there's no crying here.
It's not about that. It's about being part of team and always having a smile on your face. After all what's the difference between my daughter and the little boy on our team who scored all five goals in the championship game?
Nothing. They're both polishing the same medal. GOOOOOOOOOOO THUNDER!

2 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

WTG to your lil Monkey. I agree teamwork is all about the team. If your job is to cheer from the bench or schore goals you are both important!!! Good job MOM!!!!!!!

MaryNSC said...

WTG!!YIPIEEEEE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile