My Fan Club

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Intentional acts of kindness

I'm working on this brain retrain where you teach yourself to focus on the good and not the bad.

It's a lot of fun and I can truly see how it makes you feel better. The things I've been doing are simple at best. Checking in on my grandma, emailing those close to me and telling them what they mean to me, buying a child a book, sending my mom a package.

If your not playing along, I highly recommend it. Focus on the good things in your life. The time you have with family, the time you made a teacher say "underwear", the time someone surprised you with a monetary donation for your kid. The time you aunt called to check on you and your kid. The time your daughter made you belly laugh. The time you had cheesecake for your 16th anniversary.

What are you grateful for today?



6 random thoughts:

~Wendy said...

Funny that you post this... I have been re-reading the book Simple Abundance. One of the first tasks is to create a gratitude journal. In under three weeks, I have noticed a change in my attitude.

This morning I was thankful for the clear sky so I could see the stars while I walked the dogs at 0530. I am thankful for only 2.5 hours of class today. I am thankful for my fabulous friends who took me out to dinner for my birthday last night. I am incredibly thankful for my husband who works 40 hours of overtime every month so I don't have to work and can focus on school. .... yada yada yada...

I do find that the presidential election and all its hype make it a little difficult to focus on happy thoughts lately but that will soon come to an end. :O)

Kristie Maynard said...

I have found recently that I need to focus on the positive too. I usually keep the good and happy in mind, but now and then things just get out of whack and I have to remind myself.
Today I'm especially thankful for my artistic talent. I take it for granted so often and forget that not everyone can just sit down and create something.
I'm thankful for my husband and his talents and his ability to be a good provider.
I'm thankful for my wonderful children who brin joy to me in abundance.
I'm thankful for my friends who encourage me in all I do.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for my beautiful kids and my husband. I'm also grateful to live in a country that has access to medicine. I can't imagine the trouble i'd be in without it!

Pish Posh said...

Thank you for encouraging us to think positively! I am grateful for my health and to be in such a beautiful area even if I can't afford it - wait wait be positive - okay I am also grateful for all my readers and supporters. You guys help me through hard times!!

Unknown said...

Good question! Gratitude is the key to a happy life. I'm grateful for my amazing husband, my adorable puppy, my muses, and the amazing spot we all live on.

Kinley Dane said...

I always welcome a reminder to focus on the positve. I had a really crap day at work today, but then had the most lovely walk with my dog tonight, where the leaves were turning on the trees and it was just beautiful. I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for so much more, but tonight it was a little thing that struck me and it helped my mood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile