My Fan Club

Friday, July 13, 2012

Poolside Perspective: pardon me, but are you swimming in a bra?

It's time once again for Poolside Perspective. The time of the week where we sit back, contemplate and wonder what the heck is happening.

It's week five and we are still experiencing record highs and that is bringing everyone (and I mean everyone) to the pool.

Here's what I learned.

It's hard to keep track of your kids when you have nine under 10. Seriously, unless you're on a reality show that pays for the children's every whim, how do you afford it? The lady with the infield usually sits on the other side of the pool from us near the baby slide. This week, we noticed two of her kids on our side long before she did.

Um..your bra is distracting me. I'm pretty sure the lady on the blanket next to us was swimming in a swim skirt and a pink bra. I don't know who she thought she was kidding.


Make a new friend day. I told my kids it was make a new friend day and I ended up making one too. An elderly lady inched her way into our gaggle and just started chatting away. Before we knew it she was sharing life stories and trying out our floats. Guess make a new friend day worked out for everyone.

The goggle tomahawk. It's the new rage. My friend's daughter has goggles with these uniques straps that just kind of stick out in the back. They almost look like a feather. I kind of want a pair.



Monokini's continue to vex me. This week a nude colored monokini. Seriously? Enough said.

A huge shout out to W and B for helping me recall all of this week's lessons. You guys make hanging at the pool a huge stress relief.

What did you learn this week?

7 random thoughts:

Monkey said...

I for one depending on the lady would prefer no bra, but Im sure thats just me...lol

have a great day my friend

Becca said...

Your poolside perspective's always make me crack up! I like the new friend day. I always enjoy talking to older people and hearing the MANY stories they have to tell!

Kristie Maynard said...

I love reading your Poolside Perspectives. I have learned a great deal this way. Here's my question about the bra issue, why is it okay to go out of the house with one of those sports bras on without a top over it. I mean really, it's a bra right? I just don't understand!

Jenners said...

I just can't get past 9 kids under the age of 10. Good Lord!! How does she manage to even GET to the pool?

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Lol to the Seinfeld clip. My son and I visited my parents last week where there is easy access to the pool. The only day that it didn't rain I think it was 108 and no one felt like leaving the house. Last week I learned that sometimes its too hot to go to the pool.

Moving with Mitchell said...

Nine under ten? Just the thought of that gives me a panic attack!

I'm not really sure I get the difference, anyway, between a bra and a bikini top... except for visible stitching maybe. Parts IS parts, afterall.

I love the idea of "make a new friend" day. Next time (when you're back from the donkey farm), I think you should befriend the lady in the pink bra or the monokini!

Pat said...

I so want to hang out with you and your friends at the pool. But, do I have to wear a bathing suit? And I DON'T mean that I would wear my birthday suit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile