My Fan Club

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Billboard Music Awards: a recap

Last night I was pretending that the 150 followers I have on twitter care what I think about the Billboard Music Awards.

So let's recap

I love Kelly! This song rocks. Her dress rocks (although she claims it's pink and I'm pretty sure it's red). Her makeup is fantastic.

Shortly after Kelly, Miley arrived and FORGOT HER FRICKIN' PANTS!!! This is what you wear after sex...not what you wear in front of others...millions of others.
Carly Rae came out to sing Call me Maybe and I considered gouging out my eye. That song is so annoying. It reminds me of this one...

Hopefully Carly Rae will be a one hit wonder too.

LMFAO accepted the award for best duo and I was pretty sure they were high; I wondered why my hair can't look like Carrie Underwoods; Katy Perry joined the cirque du soleil and then Jordin Sparks arrived.
The performance was fantastic but I thought the close ups of Whitney's tearful daughter were tasteless. Plus who thought Bobbi Kristina should speak? Another bad idea.

The worst performance of the night came from Celo Green when he decided to do a Beastie Boys tribute to MCA. One word - torture.

Let's do that one old school...

Did you watch? What did you like? Hate?

5 random thoughts:

Pish Posh said...

I don't have tv but I agree Miley Cyrus looks like she slipped on something in front of the mirror, thought "dang, yo I look GOOD" and rolled out in it. you gotta stop doing drugs, sister.

Kristie Maynard said...

Sorry to say, I didn't watch. I love music, but I don't listen to a lot of new things. Love the oldies and to honest, I have a problem with sound sensitivity, has to do with the fibromyalgia. I totally agree that Kelly Clarkson looked and sounded wonderful as did Jordin Sparks. I have watched The Voice both seasons and really do like CeeLo Green, but sometimes he is an aquired taste. LOL Sometimes he is brilliant and others.... not so much.
The picture of Miley reminds me of Christina Aguilara on The Voice, she forgot her pants a couple times too. Don't ya just wonder sometimes what they are thinking. I don't care if they have great legs or not, some things just aren't right! PUT ON SOME PANTS!!!

Rebecca said...

loved Kelly, love miley but didn't like her outfit and didn't feel asleep after her

Moving with Mitchell said...

I didn't watch it and don't tend to watch awards shows. But, I DO care what you think. So I read. If nothing else, it was a very entertaining read. As for Carly Rae, I have no idea who that is, but I trust your judgment. I don't think I could survive another "Hey Mickey." (But I wouldn't mind being a one-hit wonder myself.)

Jenners said...

I didn't watch but I saw that it was at MGM Grand when I was in Vegas last week and that was the only awareness I had of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile