My Fan Club

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lessons from the lunchlady: i'll have spear guts

This week was filled with adventure in cafeteria land. In all honesty, the cafeteria is just one of those places where nothing is ever a certainty.

Here's what I learned.

I can not draw corn. Every day I put the veggie choices on a white board and attempt to draw them because half of our building cannot read. Above is today's picture. A first grader asked for spear guts aka asparagus. So much for that drawing...

Bullys come in all sizes. I smiled a little bit when one of the biggest boys in our school told me he was being bullied by a kindergartner. I think (and hope) it was a misunderstanding as they seemed like friends at the end of the day.

Miss Clavel from the Madeline stories came to visit. Actually, I'm not sure why she was at lunch but I feared if I did something wrong she may smack my hands with a ruler.

Chicken?? It is possible to have chicken twice a week and forget to order it!

If you throw up, go to the nurse. Seems logical, right? Nope. Sometimes you barf on your shoes and go to recess.

Kids love getting their pics taken. Take a camera out and you will get some smiles right away. What happens to us that changes that?

What did you learn?

3 random thoughts:

Sophie said...

That's so funny about the kid who barfed on his shoes and then went to recess! And the spear guts... love it! Have a great weekend!

Kristie Maynard said...

Some very good observations! Personally I think the corn looks great. I knew right away what it was.
What I learned is that if someone screws you over once and you give them the chance, they will do it all over again.
We had a "Souper Crop" this weekend at the studio that friends and I run. We were over booked with some extras doubling up at tables (at their request) we even had 4 people on a waiting list.
Out of the 16 that were coming, we had 5 no shows! 2 were the same ones that stiffed us before. Guess who is paying ahead next time?
On a positive note, we all had a great time and our soups were fabulous!

DeepBlue said...

LMAO!
Next time there's corn, draw an asparagus... ;)

I'm late so I'm wishing you a great week instead of weekend!
Hugs
Jon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile