My Fan Club

Monday, May 9, 2011

Ten reasons why going to the beach is better than therapy

This weekend was my annual Spring beach trip. We try to go at least twice a year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. It is a lot of fun and often times my face hurts from laughing soo much. I do wish i had a few more friends that don't smoke as I really was feeling the effects from hanging with a half a dozen smokers this weekend. I think this is because I had pnemonia this fall, but I can't be certain.
 
Here are some of the reasons why I think my beach get-away is better than therapy.
  1. My therapist will likely want me to talk about any unresolved issues I have with my mother. My girlfriends already know them.
  2. My therapist might frown on going away on Mother's Day weekend...my friends couldn't wait.
  3. My therapist only offers water to drink and I like wine.
  4. My therapist has a windowless office and the beach house has, well, the ocean.
  5. My therapist likes carpeting and I like sand.
  6. My therapist has never made anyone laugh but my sister makes everyone laugh.
  7. My therapist never plays good music, only dry office music. Nothing like "All I want to do is make love to you"...and "Does he love you.
  8. My therapist never lets me vacumme the bugs off the ceiling.
  9. My therapist has no appreciation for the royal wedding, unlike the fondness my girlfriends share.
  10. My therapist has never offers me ice cream cake.


The view from the deck


My friend, R., with her wine glass.



The girls gang, minus one who had to leave early



My sister vacumming the bugs that were after our light.


Our royal wedding party

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

hehhe, love the list and so true ;)

looks like a wonderful time.

Amanda said...

Now that's a glass!

and last but not least:

11. Beach is cheaper than a therapist.

Jenners said...

A beach trip with girlfriends is better than therapy anytime ... especially with wine glasses like that!

septembermom said...

Look at all those happy faces :)

Therapy and ice cream cake - that's the way to go.

Kristie Maynard said...

I could get into a weekend away with friends. Especially if there were scrapbooking involved. I have long wanted to plan a week long scrapping trip to a nice cottege on a lake. That would be heaven!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile