- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Monday, February 14, 2011
4:46 PM | | Edit Post
What happened to last week? Is is really Monday?
I'm a little lost.
Here's what I learned last week in the cafeteria.
- No Snow Makes for A LOOOOONNNGGGG week. This was the first week in a long time that we didn't have a snow day or a two hour delay and let me tell ya I was feeling it. Can you say afternoon nap?
- Kids View Age Differently than Adults. My co-worker turned 42 last week (gasp). Our school announces all the birthdays in the building during morning announcements and when the kids were coming through at lunch they were all wishing her Happy Birthday. One little boy said at least your not over the hill like my mom. She's 40! Baaahaaa....
- Boys don't like Valentines Day Third grade boys don't like Valentines Day. Some of them act like they are allergic to pink.
- Mean girls exist in all ages. If there's one thing that gets my blood boiling it's mean girls. Girls who box you out of the lunch table; girls who say things like 'You're not my friend anymore'. Girls who act like they are better than you. I had to talk with a few of them last week about what it's like to be the girl that no one will sit with. It's sad to see this on the elementary level.
- Government Egg Patties look like breast pads. This one is kind of self explanatory. They would fit perfectly into a nursing bra which is somewhat frightening. You'll be happy to know that the words Le Leche didn't appear anywhere on the box. I know because I checked.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.