My Fan Club

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Things I hope to accomplish at camp


Believe it or not, I'm at camp.

I know, I know...you'd think I'd have learned my lesson after this diabolical last year, but alas I think my brain may be a little small or I may be suffering from some short term memory loss.

Either way, I'm at camp and as an incentive I've decided to come up with a couple of things I'd like to accomplish.

  • I would like to avoid sunburn. Seems I may have prayed a little too hard about it not raining this year at camp. Looks like there won't be any rain and the temps are suppose to be in the 100s.
  • I would like to read an entire book (or at least come close).
  • I would like to enjoy a campfire, but this may also be impossible as there may be a burn restriction and one can't really enjoy a fire when it's 100 degrees.
  • I would like to spend some time "unplugged" with my kids. I mean no computer, no DS games, no phones. I'm hoping to teach them how to play cards without fighting.
  • I would like to set my beach chair up right in the spray ground. That's right...our campground has a spray ground and given the fact that it's going to feel like it's 104 outside I'm thinking about just putting my chair right in the spray ground.
  • I would like to get a few cute pictures of all my kids together and possibly our entire family. It's been a while since I've had a nice family picture and I'd like to blow one up for the living room wall.

Here's hoping we don't melt and we all have fun. Lord knows I can't handle another SUCKATION!

5 random thoughts:

Gina said...

A spray ground sounds heavenly!

Anonymous said...

thats a big ole list....hope you have a great time ;)

septembermom said...

I hope you get all your accomplishments! Enjoy being unplugged too. I'm sure you'll get great pics.

Jenners said...

May the Gods of Camping smile upon you and make all your goals come true!

Becca said...

I hope you achieve each and every one of those. Especially the family picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile