My Fan Club

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thirty things I'd like to do this summer

A couple of weeks ago Mama Kat had a writer's prompt asking for thirty things you'd like to do this summer. Since I have an affection for lists I thought I'd give it a try though I must admit that 30 is a bit ostentatious.


  1. Visit with family. I think it would only be fitting for us to travel a little to see the grandparents and hopefully my sister. Plus it would be nice if they could also come here for a while.
  2. Get my birthday scrapbooks up to date: My goal is to have one kids birthday pictures scrapped before the next kids birthday. It's not really all that unreasonable yet often difficult to complete.
  3. Scrub the living room carpet. Even as I type this one I have little faith that it will get completed but oh how it needs to be done.
  4. Get a roof. Again, with the B**ch Mother Nature. Thanks for the hail storm in May I get to replace my roof for the second summer in a row.
  5. Siding replacement. See number 4.
  6. Car inspection. Remember to have the car inspected. If I don't write this down somewhere it's bound to be forgotten....again.
  7. Have the van assessed. Getting hail damage to our house wasn't enough fun so we thought we would get some to both vehicles this time. The damage to my hubby's car? Over $3,000. Estimated time to fix: five days. Soonest they can get it in? August. Can't wait to hear what they say about the van.
  8. Scrapbook weekly. My kids start summer playground next week and I'm determined to make Wednesday mornings Scrapbook Wednesday.
  9. Free bowling: Last year we registered for Kids Bowl Free and we only went about three times. I think it is a nice way to spend a rainy kind of day. Check it out. It might be available in your area too.
  10. Summer reading program: I love the library program. Not only does it encourage my kids to read it has a scavenger hunt program that even my husband and I enjoy. Register. Read. Explore.
  11. Read at least three books. It's been a while since I've read a book. I was doing great with my book of the month post and I'd like to get back to it.
  12. School scrapbooks. Catch up the kids school scrapbooks before they start again.
  13. Visit Hershey. This may kill me but I'm taking the kids to Hershey.
  14. Use the Pool. At least a couple times a week we will be at the swimming pool. Tiring ourselves out and getting some much needed Vitamin D.
  15. Clean my closet. This one is probably just as likely as the carpet cleaning, but I really need to do it and maybe if I write it down I will.
  16. Bulletin boards. Come up with some clever cafeteria/kindergarten bulletin boards. I promised one of the teachers I would help her with them.
  17. Use some scrappin supplies I think I have an addiction to purchasing scrapbook supplies but not necessarily using them.
  18. Crayon Factory. I'd like to visit the Crayola Crayon Factory and I suppose I should bring the kids with me. LOL
  19. Encourage my kids to go to summer playground. We have this great program where the kids can hang out at the playground with their school friends from 9-12 a.m. Mon through Friday. As long as it's not raining, my kids are going. It starts next week.
  20. Go camping. I can't believe I'm writing this....but this year the dog is not invited and we are going to stay in a cabin.
  21. Pick blueberries. Take the kids to pick some fruit.
  22. Swimming lessons: I decided to take a break from forcing Little G to take swim lessons. However I'm going to encourage him to take the swim test at the pool so he can jump off the dive and use the slides.
  23. Bathe the dog regularly. Personally, I think this should be on my hubby's list but I don't think he can smell the dog as much as I can. In fact, I may give him a bath right after I post this.
  24. Organize my craft room: This goes back to the post about having an addition to purchasing supplies. I really need to figure out what all I have in there.
  25. Cook dinner at least three times a week. This one is painful but self-explanatory.
  26. Pedicure: I'm hoping to get at least three of these, but I better get at least one.
  27. Housework: Attempt to keep up with the laundry and the other daily chores around this house that don't entice me as much as blogging.
  28. Paint my bedroom: I'd really like to redo my bedroom and save up for new furniture.
  29. Teach Little G to ride a bike: I'm really hoping to accomplish this sometime this summer. He's close, but he's just not ready.
  30. Enjoy. Try to enjoy the time the kids and I spend together. Soon they might not want to be around me much.

What are you planning to do this summer?

3 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

Your list is ambitious but good!!! What an expensive hail storm! Jeez!

And you are talking about the Crayola Factory in Easton, PA, right? That place is FREAKING AWESOME!! We went twice and I really really loved it. Give yourself some time ... there is tons to do there.

septembermom said...

I'll be at the pool a lot too. The kids are asking me everyday. Have fun at Hershey. Hopefully, you'll be happily tired after navigating the park :) I like your list. Good luck with everything. I need to make a list too. I like the free bowling idea.

Becca said...

I hope you accomplish everything on that list!

AND OUCH to all the hail damage!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile