- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, April 9, 2010
10:00 AM | | Edit Post
This week flew by. Here's what I learned:
- Only KFC should serve anything called a potato bowl. There are multiple reasons for this post but the top three reasons would be 1) elementary students do not like their food to touch let alone to mix 2) the only word they saw on the menu was popcorn chicken 3) they had no idea we were going to bury that chicken in mashed potatoes, corn, cheese and gravy.
- Serving food mixed together in one big bowl will result in many children crying.
- Numerous children crying about the same thing is very loud.
- Be specific about everything. For example, when taking a part time job make it very clear up front that you have no desire, want or need to ever start work at 7 a.m. and fill in for the Cafeteria manager for three weeks while she has her gall bladder removed. Seriously, people I'm not doing it and it will now become one of my standard interview questions.
- Having the water heater go on the fritz can be a blessing. It means you get to serve lunch on paper trays for two straight days.
- Hash browns are considered a vegetable. So are pickles.
What did you learn this week?
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.