- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, September 18, 2009
10:15 AM | | Edit Post
It's Friday and time for Friday High Five. How do you play you ask? You make up a list of five things, whatever five things you want. Post them to your blog and link them here.
Sounds simple enough.
My brain has been racing a lot this week. I'm not sure why. I feel overly emotional and easily annoyed. Again, I'm not sure why. Here are five things I've thought about far too often this week:
- To lunch lady or not to lunch lady: I was offered the PT everyday job at the elementary school two of my kids attend. Though I have accepted the offer I have mixed feelings about it. First it's everyday and I am lazy and there is also the fact that I'm pretty sure I was 3rd or 4th fiddle on this. Just how many people passed on this job before you offered it to me? What does that say about 1) the job and 2) me??
- My beach trip is falling apart: Twice a year I go to the beach with a bunch of girlfriends. It's better than therapy and so much fun your face hurts from laughing when you come back. I don't know if it's the economy, the timing or just everything but a lot of people can't come and this makes me sad.
- My book. I am writing a book, I am writing a book, I am writing a book. Why is this so hard to do? Why can't I be more disciplined? When I start this every day work will I ever take time to write?
- My hubby: He has not been a happy camper this week and I'm not sure what I did to wrong him. He didn't even acknowledge my "job" offer and he has been working like a dog. Maybe it's not me, maybe it's just his super early mornings catching up to him.
- My mom. She is so sad and I'm not sure what will ever make her happy again. She had to get rid of her dog and she is really taking it hard. Any suggestions on how to bring her out of her funk?
What has been weighing on your mind this week?
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.