- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
- The Dentist: It is no big secret that I'm not a big fan of the dentist. I have had my share of dental work (including three root canals) and visiting him generally puts me into a funk. But this particular visit on Monday was for a filing (my first in 4 years) and the tooth he was filing wasn't bothering me at all. Therefore, I was of the mindset that if it doesn't hurt I shouldn't let him mess with it. But alas, I didn't follow my gut on that and now my tooth is sensitive, annoyed and generally pissed off, sort of like the rest of me.
- My kids. Don't get me wrong, I love those little buggers, but this week they have been pushing all of my buttons. I can remember holding those sweet little infants and I never once pictured them spitting on each other, screaming I hate you, or destroying the house. I think we may have reached our summer "fun" limit.
- My husband. He seems to be in a bad mood this week, too. Maybe my funk and his funk are creating a superfunk. Kind of like a supergerm only worse because you can't just spray Lysol and kill it. Or maybe it is all just a figment of my funk filled mind.
- My house. It is a mess and we are expecting a houseful this weekend. Friends of ours are visiting from Ohio and my in-laws are coming for the day on Saturday. I think I need a Redbull if I'm going to tackle this monster. Of course, it doesn't help that no one can go outside right now and play while I clean because they are currently working on the roof and siding damage we experience from the holy hail storm we experienced in March.
- My dog. He is barking at every bang, bump and movement. I realize that he is a dog and that expaning roof/siding work to him is pointless, but damn it is getting old. Anyone have a fenced in yard I can lock him in until they are done raining mine with siding, shingles and nails??? Warning: He is part goat and recently ate my neighbors swimming pool. You may want to move your patio furniture.
Here's hoping my funk dissipates along with this cloudy, chilly, just plain yucky weather. My birthday is next week and I want to be in a better mood.
P.S. Don't forget to enter my adhesive giveaway and to tell all your friends about it.
P.S.S. Come back tomorrow and share something you made this week for Let's Get Crafty Saturday.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.