My Fan Club

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Random things I learned this week

First and foremost, I have the flu.  UGH.  I feel terrible.  The worst part of having the flu and being a mom is you can't take the day off.  You still have to get everyone ready, make food, round up lunch, figure out a way to get your son to and from preschool that doesn't involve moving from the couch. 

I went back to sleep while he was at school.  I stil don't feel better.  I caled off work.  I still don't feel better.  I had two freezepops to eat all day.  I still don't feel better.  I took pepto bismol...I still don't feel better. 

My daughter's have a half day of school today.  They will be home shortly.  Maybe one of them will get me some tylenol.  I really don't want to get off of the couch.

That is how terrible I feel.

As for things I learned this week, they are as follows:

  • Getting a flu shot may actually be a good idea;
  • Traveling round trip 6 hours; so you can be at your grandfather's viewing all in one day is totally worth it.  Even when you know you are starting to feel sick.
  • Friends are always there when you need them; whether it's to watch your dog when they already have two of their own or to drive your son to and from preschool so you can take a nap;
  • No matter how bad you feel, someone out there probably feels worse.  Count your blessings.
  • My dog is good company when I don't feel well and I'm all alone.

What did you learn this week?

5 random thoughts:

Heather said...

There should be a center we can go to and demand a Mommy's day off. Where a robot will come and let us lay in bed all day long. It will clean my house and pamper my children and make sure my husband doesn't have to eat peanut butter and jelly for dinner. All for the low, low price of zero dollars. It should just be in the mom cards.

Oh, I do dream big.

Shannon said...

Hmm...maybe this is why you were feeling so blah the other day...Sorry you feel so puny! I will be praying for a speedy recovery! I would like to send you a RAK to cheer you up, so send me your addy. I am not at home right now, I am in San Antonio with my DH.
Blessings!
p.s. word is "cropu" which, as every blogger knows, is what I would do if you sent me a picture of yourself to put on my blog!
word is

Enfys said...

I hope you are feeling better now, there is a unwritten, unfair law written somewhere that mommies don't get sick.
hugs
Enfys x

Jenners said...

I hope you feel better soon. It is so true -- Mommys can't call out sick ... and the stinks.

I have gotten the flu shot every year since my son was born and I haven't had the flu yet so it must work to some degree.

I prescribe a good book and time to sleep in. Tell the family that is the Doctor's Orders -- Dr. Mom!

MaryNSC said...

I can not believe I was this far behind.. GEEZ...
If I coulda I woulda helped u too..:O)
HUGS AND HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile