My Fan Club

Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday High Five


Angela at Angela's Adventures is hosting Friday High Five. It's very easy to play along just post five things about anything. Mr. Linky is up on her site and it only takes a second to link up. So what are you waiting for?

Today I decided to post five things that happened to me at swim class tonight. As a preface let me say that both of my girls swim at the Y on Friday nights. They are not in the same class. One swims at 6:30 and the other swims at 7:00 p.m. Tonight also had my son with me as my husband had dinner plans. It is also important to note that it is hotter than the gates of hell inside the Y swimming pool. Why? I couldn't hazard a guess.
Tonight I learned:
  1. The girls should only bring their towels into the pool area with them. If we bring the entire swim bag in with us, my middle daughter might unroll the towel with a fling and toss her sister's underwear right into the deep end (no I'm not kidding)
  2. My son cannot be entertained for an entire hour, no matter how many snacks I bring.
  3. Even in short sleeves in the dead of winter, it is possible to come close to heat stroke if you spend more than 1 hour in the pool area at the Y;
  4. If left alone, my 10 year old will use hand soap throughout her hair in the locker room shower;
  5. Bringing juice boxes and Cheese Nips for the girls was an A+ idea; no whining about being starving
One out of five ain't bad.


10 random thoughts:

MaryNSC said...

My Question was it HOT??LOLOLOL
I would pass out.. Hot flashes and steam DO not go togather at all!!!

Becca said...

Oh gosh! I bet your eldest daughter was so embarassed! Poor thing.

At every indoor swimming pool I've ever been to it always seems to be at least 90 degrees in the pool area!

Unknown said...

Indoor pools always seem hot. I assume it is due to the humidity.

And I have to say that the one time I was the only male chaperon for the 4th grade class for the swim outing, I swore I'd never do it again. Do you know what all weird things 60 4th grade boys do in the locker room?{*grin*}

Jenners said...

I'll make a note of these if my kid ever takes swim lessons!

And yay for the Y! We took swim lessons there when I was a kid and it was great. The one is our area closed down because of embezzlement of funds ... which kind of goes against what it stands for, dont you think?

Angela said...

Sounds like you need a break! How about a swim in the tub for you! Thank you for joining and hope to see you back next week! Hopefully soon more people will start to play along!

Lori said...

i can totally relate to the heat stroke in the pool area! oh,and the undies in the pool! LOL ohmy, that is funny!

Jenni said...

I was going to sign the boys up for lessons...

I am rethinking. :-D

Angela Tolsma said...

Your poor daughter!! Do they have blowdyers??

♥ Kathy said...

OMG I was so embarrassed for your daughter and her underwear in the pool! lol I hate to laugh bc it's soooo awful but it's really funny too (I was the mean big sister..I'm gonna blame that :D)

Candace said...

I love this list! I want to join our local community center because it's the only place in a 50-mile radius with an indoor pool. My husband and I recently took a tour, and the pool area was sweltering. I'm all for staying toasty-warm, but it was a tad too much. I guess it's not bad if you're actually in the water.

Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. I look forward to getting to know about your world through your blog. Have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile