- 2013 (43)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, February 27, 2009
9:00 PM | | Edit Post
Angela at Angela's Adventures is hosting Friday High Five. It's very easy to play along just post five things about anything. Mr. Linky is up on her site and it only takes a second to link up. So what are you waiting for?
Today I decided to post five things that happened to me at swim class tonight. As a preface let me say that both of my girls swim at the Y on Friday nights. They are not in the same class. One swims at 6:30 and the other swims at 7:00 p.m. Tonight also had my son with me as my husband had dinner plans. It is also important to note that it is hotter than the gates of hell inside the Y swimming pool. Why? I couldn't hazard a guess.
Tonight I learned:
- The girls should only bring their towels into the pool area with them. If we bring the entire swim bag in with us, my middle daughter might unroll the towel with a fling and toss her sister's underwear right into the deep end (no I'm not kidding)
- My son cannot be entertained for an entire hour, no matter how many snacks I bring.
- Even in short sleeves in the dead of winter, it is possible to come close to heat stroke if you spend more than 1 hour in the pool area at the Y;
- If left alone, my 10 year old will use hand soap throughout her hair in the locker room shower;
- Bringing juice boxes and Cheese Nips for the girls was an A+ idea; no whining about being starving
- I'm a 40 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.