My Fan Club

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February Book of the Month

I decided that I need to read more and Jenners over at Life with Little One recommended this book a few weeks back and I decided I would give it a go.  I enjoyed Lottery (which was a previous Jenners recommendation) so I thought "Why Not".
I'm so glad that I did.  It was so imaginative.  Basically, it answers the question--After Jesus started gaining popularity and had throngs of followers, what happened to the Greek gods and goddesses?
The book is written by a first time author and she can paint a vivid picture
Artemis, for example, the goddess of hunting, the moon, and chastity, is forced to become a dog walker and Aphrodite, the godess of beauty, is a phone sex operator.  Once you figure out the distinct personalities of all the characters, including the unlikely mortal heros, you will thoroughly enjoy this book.
I'm taking on quite a challenge for March.  I'm going to attempt to read Wicked .  After seeing the musical earlier this month, I just have to find out more.
In other business:  Shannon over at Inkhearts won our birthday/Harry Potter contest. Shannon watch your email for your cool prize.

2 random thoughts:

Shannon said...

Wen,
Lets do a book swap! You send me Gods Behaving Badly and I will send you Wicked. Then we can review them on our blogs! What do you think? And thanks for the super cool prize, I cannot wait to spend it! Tell Greta I said thanks.
Blessings!

Jenners said...

So glad you enjoyed it! It was such a hoot! YAY!

And congrats Inkhearts! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile