My Fan Club

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ten reason I just love this boy!


I spent the evening with little G. We went to get his picture taken with THE BIG NUMBER NINE about a month and a half late. In my defense, he's still 9.

I should probably preface this post by saying I'm not one of those "make sure they match and look perfect" moms. I simply don't have time to be bothered by that. When I told Little G to put on pants without holes and a long sleeved shirt, I didn't question the fact that he put on stripes with camo pants. It was long sleeved and there were no holes. I did laugh a little when I realized at the photo studio that he had on knee high mismatched sock in rainbow shades.

But the fact that he loves those socks is just one of the many reasons I love him.

We went to dinner and he dropped honey mustard on to the floor. Without being told he cleaned it up.

He mixes all the fountain drinks into one nasty potion and loves it.

He cashes a check he got for his birthday and doesn't once complain about spending that money on Christmas presents for his sisters.

He believes without question that the Elf on a Shelf wrote "max was here" on his white board.

He loves all things that sparkle. Glitter, nail polish, Christmas lights, buttons, and coins.

He has a deep love for animals...both big and small.

He will still give me a hug at school in front of his friends.

He loudly sings Bruno Mars songs and changes the words to what he thinks they are and those words are rarely close.

He is always himself and tells the world, "take it or leave it, the choice is yours" and that is a quality we all should embrace.

7 random thoughts:

Rebecca said...

I love Little G I think he and Little Man would be great friends

Kristie Maynard said...

I love this post! All great reasons to just love him! I love so much that he has the take me or leave me attitude, so important to just be who you are! Thanks for sharing with us.

Stephanie said...

I sing out loud along with Bruno Mars, too! I'm glad I'm not alone! :)

Stephanie said...

I sing out loud to Bruno Mars, too! So glad I'm not alone! Sounds like a great kid!

Jenners said...

He sounds like a great kid who isn't afraid to march to the beat of his own drummer … long may he drum his wonderful tune!

Unknown said...

Little G sounds like an amazing kid who sparkles inside and out. I am glad you are not so uptight as to not let him wear mismatched socks. My daughter is convinced that matching socks bring bad luck.

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Sweet post! I love the hugging you in front if his friends part.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile