My Fan Club

Friday, October 5, 2012

Lessons from the lunchlady: you said underwear (snicker, snicker)

Our yummy black beans!

This week was a pile of chaos wrapped around some lunch. We had a TON of laughs, some stray teeth and a lot of trouble understanding each other.

Look at the bread and stop calling me BIMBO. Seriously? Who names a bread company BIMBO? Every time they come to the door, I think they're calling me a name. Also, it's important to look at what they deliver or else you might find out that they dropped off a boatload of hamburger rolls when you were expecting bread for toasted cheese.

Is there teef in these beans? Due to the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act of 2012 I have additional bean requirements. Last week we tried refried beans and this week black beans were on deck. Since black beans alone are a little bland, I decided to mix in a little salsa and corn. Fan.freakin.tastic! All the grown ups, LOVED it. The kids...um...well they are all about appearance. One little boy asked if the corn was teeth. Seriously?

You said underwear... Like small children, when my coworker and I got a teacher to say underwear we burst into gut busting laughter. She was looking for plates and I told her they were under the table. She said, "under where?" Bahahahahahaha

Apparently I can't hear the difference between pudding and pooping. When my coworker disappeared while serving I thought she said she went pooping and I was like WTF? But what she said is that she was going for pudding! Talk about a snort laugh!

Miss Wendy, what does ripped mean? Me: "It's kind of like when you have a lot of muscles. People say your ripped." Third grader "Oh..then why is it on that grave stone." Dohl... Stupid Halloween decorations making me look like an idiot.

What did you learn this week?

8 random thoughts:

Rebecca said...

all very good lessons

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog because it's nice to hear from a "lunch lady" who genuinely seems to enjoy the children. :) Thank you.

mryjhnsn said...

You are awesome. I wish I had a lunch lady like you! Btw... I love your black bean concoction and make it all the time at home. My kids don't eat it either.

Pat said...

OMG, these are very funny lessons. Just think, it could be worse. You could either be the receptionist for Bimbo and have to answer their phones, "Good morning, Bimbo" or be a truck driver with "BIMBO" written all over the side of their trucks!

Jenners said...

Teeth in beans … that would be a most excellent Halloween dish!!

And you guys sound like you have a lot of fun at work … albeit grade school level fun (which is appropriate.) HA!

Monkey said...

you had me at random teeth...lol :)

Kristie Maynard said...

I don't envy you trying to figure out how to get beans into kids. I'm sure I'd love those black beans, but green beans you can keep. How about chili, that has lots of beans. Think they'd eat that?
What did I learn? Well apparently the president is to blame for us needing to show ID when buying alcohol! At the grocery store the older man in front of my was asked for ID. The cashier politely explained that it state law that she needed to put in a date before she could proceed with the order. The man's response? "That Obama, we need to get him out of office!" Really?!?! What does he have to do with a STATE law about selling alcohol? I guess what I learned is that people will blame the president for anything they don't like. No matter what.

Moving with Mitchell said...

And yet again, I read what you've learned and I sit and laugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile