My Fan Club

Monday, November 7, 2011

Nanowrimo and why I'm crazy enough to participate

I work well under pressure.

Let the State Inspector show up in the cafeteria on the holiday meal. Our stuffing balls will be hot and fresh.

That's why I love nanowrimo because it forces me to write 1667 words a day.

I know what you are thinking? How does a non-profit organization force me to write 1667 words a day. That takes a lot of people more than a month to write. That takes a lot of people even longer.

Here's how...I don't want to fail. I am perfectly aware that this first draft will likely make little sense, i am perfectly aware that by not reading anything I've previously written except the last sentence is crazy. I am perfectly aware that making up the plot as I go sounds outlandishly stupid, but it works for me.

I am falling in love with my characters and as of Halloween they didn't exist. I want to be friends with Mandy, my protagonist. I want to visit the Center library in Indianapolis to see if my description even comes close to capturing its beauty. I want to fall madly and deeply in love again.

I participate in Nanowrimo to remind myself that I still have an imagination.

Are you participating? Why not be my writing buddy. We can encourage each other.

You can find me on nanowrimo as kisatrtle.

4 random thoughts:

Cap'n Salty said...

Oooo! I am so gonna make you my NaNo buddy!!!

Jenners said...

I'm glad you're doing it again!! You go girl!

Kristie Maynard said...

I remember that you did this last year too. You can do it!!!!
One day I'm going to get back into writing, but right now there is so much else that needs doing. I'm now a partner in the scrapbooking studio and that has added some to my 'workload' but you know I love it and that makes it easy to deal with. Just like you love writing and that spurs you on to hit your Nanowrimo goal. I'd love to see some of what you are writing.

Rebecca said...

un will have to check it out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile