My Fan Club

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hump Day Craft Post: Teacher gift-Disney Album






I made this scrapbook for my son's teacher as an end of the year gift. She went to Disney earlier in the year with her family and I thought she would appreciate the gesture.

Some of my friends request teachers for their children.  Perhaps an older sibling had that teacher or maybe they just heard great things about them. I don't do that. I've never requested a teacher for any of my children. 

I might request someone I think would be most awesome only to find out that my son would have done better in a totally different atmosphere.  I am very happy he ended up in the 1st grade class he ended up in.  It was exactly what he needed.  How exciting is it that he is looping to 2nd grade with the same teacher?  She knows his strengths, his weakness, she knows exactly where he is at.

Over the course of the school year she went from being just my kid's teacher to becoming my friend and I couldn't be happier that he will have her again.

Let me know if you are posting a craft today.  I'd love to pop over and visit.

3 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

That is neat that he gets to move up with his same teacher!

Anonymous said...

your talent is showing...again :)

Kristie Maynard said...

What a wonderful gift! I'm sure she absolutely loves it! I love when my kids looped, it works so well both for the kids and the teachers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile