My Fan Club

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A brief update: sick kiddos


Today I went to work at 8:15 and the nurse called me down to pick up little G at 11:20 because he was running a fever. We serve lunch at 11:40 so, needless to say, his timing wasn't the greatest.


We went home and at 1 p.m. the other school called me to tell me that Big G also needed picked up because she had a fever.


The nurse at the intermediate school was wearing a science lab coat. I wanted to tell her this did not make her look "nurse-er" but I held my tongue, which is quite difficult for me to do.


That being said she went on to educate me that oldest can not return to school until she is fever free for 24 hours. I'm tempted to take her back over there tomorrow at 1:24 just for spite, but I will refrain.


Snow is blowing this way so we may not even have school tomorrow...


Seriously, I science lab coat down to her knees. Is this the standard school nurse uniform?
No work for me tomorrow. Maybe I'll finally be able to visit some of your blogs.

6 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

Hope everyone feels better soon. And that cracks me up about the nurse ... POSER!

Anonymous said...

OH NO....I hope they all get better, how yucky to be sick, but at the holidays...horrible...I will say a prayer;)

Becca said...

Sorry that the kids are running fevers. I hope that they feel better soon. Enjoy your day off!

septembermom said...

Hope the kids feel better soon. The schools here get really freaked out when a fever presents itself.

We have a snow day here in NY. The kids are already driving me crazy.

SparkleFarkel said...

Science lab coats seem to make people think they have all the answers. My sister-in-law wears one all the time.

Get well soon, kidlings!

Kimi said...

Oh that does not sound like fun at all. Hope little and big G are both feeling better today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile