My Fan Club

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Writer's Workshop - Are you sleeping???


Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop - Are you playing along?
When I saw the prompt this week I knew which one I would pick right away. Ten reasons you are not sleeping.
I've talked about my inability to sleep before on this blog both here and here.


While things have improved, I still have my troubles. Here what I think the problem stems from:

  1. Snoring: My husband still occasionally snores. It's better since he got a specially designed night guard, but occasionally the bear returns.
  2. Too much on my mind: craft show, my mom's friend needing Thanksgiving cards, my daughter needing some pants that fit....blah, blah, blah.
  3. Holidays. Is it really almost time to Christmas shop. Say it isn't so??!!??
  4. Thanksgiving: Have it here? Go somewhere?
  5. Work: I'm trying to write more than just briefs about school board meetings. Since starting as a lunch lady this writing has falling aside. It makes me sad.
  6. Play: Sometime I just want to blog and ignore everything and everyone else--even if it's late and I should be in bed
  7. H1N1 and other funk: Now that I'm in the elementary school everyday and I realize just how many germs are walking around and having lunch with my kids, I'm more concerned than ever about the slightest little virus. I blame the media...oh wait I am the media. Never mind.
  8. My dog: I think he's depressed, though it's hard to tell since beagles always look depressed.
  9. My nephew: My sister's insurance company is denying him glucose strips until mid December. Why? He's used his allotment. Even if your 8 your only allowed to have so many. Ridiculous.
  10. Money: Why do so many miscellaneous expenses creep up just in time for the holidays.

I'm sure once I get all of this off of my mind, I will sleep like a baby until then I highly recommend Tylenol Simple Sleep.


7 random thoughts:

KatBouska said...

H1N1 IS nerve racking. I just don't want my kids to die...is that too much to ask!?! Part of me just wants to lock my family in the house and never leave. The big bad world is scary!

Anonymous said...

I so get the to much on your mind thing...I swear my mind just nevewr shuts up....if you figure out how to make it stop while you sleep, let me know;)

peace my friend

Karen and Gerard said...

I couldn't even think of 5 things that keep me awake. I actually sleep pretty well except when my night sweats start or my cats jump on the bed.

septembermom said...

I used to have a beagle. You're right that they can look like melancholic types at times. Restful sleep, please, please show up at my home tonight!!

SparkleFarkel said...

I have the perfct remedy for sleepless nights: listening to my sister-in-law talk. Would you like her number? Really, it's no problem.

Scattered Scrapper said...

I have to say that I am disgusted that your nephews insurance company is denying him glucose strips until "they deem" it appropriate! So now, 8 year olds have to ration their medical supplies? What? We are not a third world country here. This is why people have insurance.

Okay, now that I am done ranting....Are they able to get the glucose strips by paying out of pocket. I have no idea how much they cost. If they are having cash flow problems (as I know first hand you do when you have medical issues) I would be more than happy to donate cash, or the strips (just let me know what kind) to your nephew.

I hope this is in no way insulting. I just want to help if I can. I am just outraged by this.

Thanks,
Robyn H.
e-mail: rnf_h@yahoo.com

Jenners said...

Well, I think you have some valid reasons. Thank goodness for OTC sleeping aids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile