My Fan Club

Monday, September 1, 2008

A Labor Day Meme

Just for fun, I thought I'd participate in this meme I found over at Rocks in my Dryer. In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either.

How long were your labors?

Kid #1, 8 hours.
Kid #2, 4.5 hours
Kid #3, 6 hours.

Clearly, kid 2 likes to mix things up a little. She still does.

How did you know you were in labor?
Kid #1, wildly painful contractions
Kid #2, never went into labor; at one week overdue I was induced.
Kid #3, began contracting during church services

See above, kid 2 still doesn't play by the rules.

Where did you deliver?
With all of them, at a hospital. Like Shannon said, that's where they keep the drugs.

Drugs?
Yep, with all three of them and I have no shame about it. I don't enjoy pain and would probably have slept better if the doctor would have agreed to the epidural at 8 1/2 months.

C-section?
Nope. Didn't even come close.

Who delivered?
Doctors. The first two I lucked out and had the same doctor, whom I loved. She recently passed away from breast cancer and I was deeply saddened to learn that. The 3rd had one of her partners and she was equally wonderful.

If you want to play along with this meme, just cut and paste the questions into your own blog, and leave me a link.

Happy Labor Day.

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile